In order to obtain financial support from the Swallows, your organization and project must meet the following criteria:
- We only support organizations that work in Bangladesh or Tamil Nadu, India.
- The aim of the organization/project must be to improve the living conditions of the poorest and most oppressed and marginalized people, especially women.
- The project should preferably include an awareness-raising element to enhance the participants’ knowledge of their rights and general socio-economic problems. When applying for funding for an income- generating project, you should also consider how the product could be marketed.
- It is of the utmost importance that the target group is involved in the decision-making processes of the project, as it will raise awareness of democratic principles.
- We do not support party-political work or missionary work.
- The Swallows do not support HIV/AIDS projects or projects focusing on the mentally ill or handicapped or humanitarian aid.